A place to find a list of paper beading sites, and maybe a creation made by me from time to time!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Oh God, these are cute!

I found a blog just today that featured these ultra cute Christmas tree earrings made from corrugated cardboard! That blog is Smart Poodle Publishing. I was so enthralled, I just had to try and make a pair myself. Here they are:

These are not the traditional paper beads, but yet they are a bead-like portion of the overall tree. I think I love them. I painted the inside of the corrugated areas, but the originals over at Smart Poodle, only painted the flat surface of the cardboard, and left the corrugated part brown. I like them both ways. My cardboard did not look at pretty as theirs did, so that was why I went ahead and painted mine. I could see these being worn by tree lovers everywhere. I would like to make a pair especially for Earth Day next year, using brown beads in the middle part for the trunk, and leave the star and sparkly base off. Yes, I can see them now!

3 comments:

Diane AZ said...

Such a creative use of corrugated cardboard. Your trees are adorable! :)

brendalou said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't have a tutorial for the chain bracelet. I just fly by the seat of my pants when I make my jewelry. I wish I was one of those people that planned and drew everything out ahead of time, but I'm just not. I plan on making some paper beads this week. Live in SW Missouri and we are in a rare blizzard warning. Work has been canceled already so that is on my to do list on my snow days.

yoon see said...

Wow! I'm in MMM, merry merry mood!
Thanks for sharing, it's truly beautiful!